Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Self Publishing Announcement!

I do apologize for not posting in over two weeks.
My computer, Frankenstein, died. My hard drive is still okay, but the computer is dead. So I am now confined to using either my sister or mother’s computer. My mom and Kris are gracious in allowing me to borrow their computers and out of respect for this I am trying to limit my time on the computer (contrary to the opinion of SOME people around our house…), and thus is my number one reason for not posting in so long.
My other reason for not posting is that I have been busy (surprise, surprise!). I have been trying to get more editing done on my novel, as well as compile all of my short stories together into a single book, and I also have been helping to rearrange our house, which can be a long, drawn out, arduous task.
Anyway, I would like to announce that I have some fruit to show for my absence: I have published my first book! 
Now don't get too excited: it's only my short stories. I combined them all into a single E-book which I titled “Of Dragons, Scoundrels & Eight Year Olds”.
Clever, huh? Okay, not really.
I am only selling it for $2.99... it's not a lot, but 2 dollars a day keeps the bank over-draft away!
I published it with Amazon Self Publishing, which was easy and simplistic to do. In fact, it was so easy, and I am so happy with the results, that I believe I shall publish all my books with Amazon Self Publishing from now on. The royalties I get from the sales of my book are a lot better than I would get from anywhere else, the process is very easy and simplistic, and I have control over the whole process, which is a big deal to me: the format, the publishing, the marketing, the price...yep.... I control it all and leave Amazon to only deal with the printing and distributing on demand.
Pretty nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment