Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Typical Morning For The Loony


So this morning, my mother family decided to wake me up with much ado.
First, the 6 year old pounced right on top of my ribs, trying to tickle me, only to remember that I am not a ticklish person (Seriously. In fact, trying to tickle me usually causes the completely opposite reaction from most people.)
Next, my mother came over to my bed and greatly invaded my bubble by grabbing me and lathering me with kisses. Then she grabbed all of the 6 year olds toys and piled them all on top of me, thereby suffocating me.
And to top it off, the six year old did a cannon ball right onto the top of her toys, slamming her elbow into the side of my head.
So, I tried to tell everyone that I was suffering from 2 or 3 broken ribs, drowning, suffocation, and finally a concussion, and I should stay in bed for the day… sadly, no one bought it.
Then my mother asked me “What verse from the Bible could I use for the term ‘Get a grip’?”
I told her the first thing that came to my mind: pick any verse that says “Gird up thy loins like a man!”
I told her that the book of Job was probably the best one to look in for that phrase.
So then, I went to get on my computer: I opened the lid of my laptop, and hit the enter button to wake it up.
It whirred, and lights blinked….but nothing else happened.
I watched it for a moment or two, then I hit the restart.
Lights came on….but nothing happened.
I stared at my laptop for a long moment before it finally occurred to me that it had given up the ghost.
My reaction?
SCREAMS.
RUNS AROUND THE DINING ROOM TABLE THREE TIMES.
STARTS SHAKING AND LEFT EYE STARS TWITCHING.
ASSUMES THE FETAL POSITION.

NOOO!” she screams “I haven’t backed my book up! I have THREE BRAND NEW CHAPTERS of my book on my hard drive!.... and now they are lost….FOREVER!!!!
Then it was my mother’s turn to fly off the hook: “WHAT?! You haven’t backed them up?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!!!!???

Thankfully, amazing Super Daddy comes to the rescue. He took the hard drive from Fizzlepop (my laptop’s name) and put it into my mom’s old laptop (which I have now renamed Frankenstein).
Thanks be to God, the hard drive from my laptop is alive and functioning!
So, I have backed all of my book, other books, and short stories up, and I feel much better: the shaking and convulsions I was experiencing have come to a halt, and my old twitchy eye is only twitching at random intervals now.
By tomorrow, I should be back to normal: normal as in "Normally Insane".

No comments:

Post a Comment