Friday, October 19, 2012

A Morning With Too Much Coffee...

I had way too much coffee this morning....even though I only had one cup. My mouth was just running away with me, and I was giggle box deluxe!
In the midst of my caffeine ecstasy, I came up with a brilliant idea for Halloween. Generally, we do not decorate much less celebrate Halloween for a very obvious set of reasons. But this idea that came to me is so brilliant, I just don't think I will be able to pass it up. The idea is to buy a couple of life size skeletons, dress them in ratty, cheap suites, and hang them in our big old dead pine tree that stands near the road. Then, hang a painted sign next to them that reads: SUITORS AND REVENUERS BE YE WARNED
And honestly, I was not the only person in my family that liked this idea.
Also in the midst of my caffeine ecstasy, I was dealt a cutting blow by my sister. I was talking about my plans to take over the world at random intervals (as I normally do, just in a much less rapid pace) and I told Kris that I would give her Ireland, Scottland, England and.... "Do you want Greenland also?" She shrugged "Sure. If I get overwhelmed with it, I'll just give it back to you."
Then she had a thought on something, and as she was trying to put it into words a lot of "and, um, and, um" came out of her mouth until finally she declared that she was going to run for president because of her great speech capability.
"But what if I want to run for president?" I asked
"You can't run for president! You're going to dominate the world!" my mother declared "And besides, you speak too well to become president."
I was agahst "Well! Were there not presidents before that had great speaking abilities? Presidents that would never shut up?"
Kris replied quite deftly "Sure there were. But they were the ones that got shot!"
After a moment of thought I recanted my plans of becoming president and resigned to the fact that if I want to have control over everyone, I will simply have to stick to my original plan of World Domination.
But then Kris dashes me again! She told me that I will never dominate the world.
"And why not?!" I demanded.
She replied "Because, you can't even win an Age of Conquerors game! You're fine in battles, and taking over cities and projects, but when it comes to demolishing, wiping out, and conquering.... you are just no good. You aren't organized enough. You can't even beat the Attila the Hun level for crying out loud!"
After a moment of hurt, I agreed with her reluctantly. The level where you play Attila the Hun is HARD for me. But Kris and the kids just breeze right through it! Especially Princess, the 6 year old. She can conquer the virtual world in less than an hour. However, the levels where exploring, taking over cities/objects, and protecting them are the ones where I hold the high score over everyone else in the family.
So, I made a very important decision concerning my plot for World Domination:
"I will let the 6 year old conquer the world, and then I will rule it."
So let 'er be written. So let 'er be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment