Friday, November 25, 2011

Random Ramblings

Well, it is sprinkling outside. It is about time...
The family is watching Cheaper By The Dozen, the 1950 version, for the second time.



I am really, really impressed with it. The morals of the family are amazing. It is another movie that I would suggest to any of my friends (which, believe me, are as diverse in their views of movies as the colors of the rainbow). My mom and I both want to read the book now.

So, how was Thanks-Giving day for you? It was a nice day for my family and I. My grandmother and aunt came over and ate the meal with us. My brothers ate like Viking barbarians, my sisters suggested that everybody have a contest to see who could stuff the most muffins in their mouth, and I alone tried to give the royal lessons in proper eating etiquette while all the other people were either cheering the kids on or giving me the "good luck" look.
Afterward, everyone dispersed to different areas of the house.
My sister and I spent Thanksgiving afternoon playing, singing and recording music. We had fun. My sister got a new microphone recently: a little tiny portable one (it is SO cute!).
Samson Go Mic Compact USB Microphone - Plug n' Play
It works really well, it sounds really good, and records nicely. We brought it over to my little Baldwin Piano and recorded a song. It sounded very nice! If we ever make a CD, it will be nice to have some piano to add to it!
I'm not sure that we will ever actually get around to making a CD, but we have fun messing around. I may set up an old fashion tape recorder sometime while we are goofing off. It could be quite entertaining to listen to later... then again, maybe not. We can never actually go all the way through a song for some weird reason, and we come up with some pretty goofy songs to sing occasionally. Sometimes, we even just stop all together and watch youtube videos of other people doing the same things we do. I think we just like hearing our voices.
Well, I need to go check on my puppy and make sure he is not a mud ball (I just put him outside a moment ago to do his business). He is barely a puppy anymore! He is over 30" long and 20" tall now! Can you believe it?! Not 3 months ago I could still hold him in my arms. He believes that he can still fit in my arms at 70+ pounds and he tries his very best to be a lap dog. He is goofy as all get out... I have been teaching him to play dead. I need to video him doing it. He is so funny! He sticks his feet straight up in the air!
Anyway, I hope you have a relaxing week filled with good health and turkey leftovers. Heaven knows your gonna need it if you haven't done any Christmas shopping yet!
If you don't do Christmas (like my family) then the rest of your year probably looks like mine: relaxing. ;-) Be jealous! Be very jealous!


No comments:

Post a Comment