Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dragons In Our Midst book series


DRAGONS IN OUR MIDST by Bryan Davis
My AMAZON Review - 5 out of 5 stars
Weather listening, or reading, these stories are AMAZING! They kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through with its fast pace, great characters, hateful villains, and amazing story (not to mention dragons)!
When I first read the title and the description, I was kind of like "eh, sounds boring." But not the case! These books just keep going and going, and never stop with the twists, turns and excitement! The plot is new and very different from other dragon/fantasy books that I have read, and it has an amazing sub-plot that makes it all the more intriguing.
If you want something that is going to keep you and your kid's attention for a while, this is the book series to get.
It is so nice to finally have a Christian book with dragons that is exciting, but still keeps the deep message of the Christian Faith.
Full of mystery, devious plots, wraiths, spiritual dimensions, demons, dragons, King Arthur and Merlin, this story is not wanting for more excitement!
* * * *

I believe that anyone who reads, or listens to the Dragons In Our Midst by Bryan Davis, will really like them. The Christian message in it is not watered down, or lacking, and it really brings up a lot of good conversation about the Bible and the stories with in it.
It talks quite a bit about the Great Flood and it brings up Wriaths, Nephilim, Watchers, and of course Dragons. Everything in it has a scientific, or spiritual explanation. Nothing is magical.
Really. Trust me. Even if you and your family try to stay away from fantasy, I do not think that you would be disappointed after reading this book series. This is the first book series that I recommend to anyone who is interested in Science-Fiction or Fantasy.

Right now I am reading the series that follows after Dragons in our Midst: the Oracles of Fire.
Another separate book that I think goes along very well with the Oracles of Fire right now is:
ADAM AND HIS KIN by Ruth Beechick.
It is not fantasy. It is listed as a biography and as History. However, it is not boring like those two words make it sound. It is very intriguing. Basically, what the author did is read through the apocrypha, then retold Enoch, Noah, & Shem's history in a story-like fashion to make it interesting and to help it make sense.


It is another book that I would recommend to anyone who likes to read, especially fantasy lovers. It is also a book that I highly recommend to those who are not fantasy lovers at all. ;-)

Anyway, I hope that you will read these books sometime. They are some of my favorites. Borrow them from a friend if you have too! They really are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment