Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Across Love's Skies

This was a poem that I wrote in 2009. I wrote it for the love story of another book I was writing at the time. It goes along well with this music by John Williams if you care to try them together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
 
Across Love's Skies
It started as a feeling which turned into a hoping dart:
Standing beside me I feel you long for my heart.
And in my heart I hear you crying and saying I love you
Even when the world around us forbids us to love so true.
Across the skies I feel it; in my heart this I do keep.
Your love takes wing like birds from the great deep!
This love is vaster than the oceans, more rare than a dragon's heart.
This love is like the stars in the sky, seen yet held far apart.
 
I feel you standing beside me and deep inside I hear your vow
Deep in your heart your saying 'I love you now!'
It rings out like a battle cry a call of a friend in need
And I would answer that cry, but I am chained; withheld to heed.
Across the skies I see it, like the stars I hold it deep.
Our love a flying passion we must keep!
Oh how can I hold this emotion? When will our love part?
I see you hiding this feeling, holding it deep in your heart!
I wish our love could fly, fly on strong wings up high
Soar through the heavens; our hearts so freely nigh!
But yet the world in darkness plagues us with deaths lonely somber sleep
Threatening to chain and slay our deep love forever to keep.
 
I feel your love like cool wind; see it as diamonds in night's sky.
I long to hold your heart like you wish too mine.
But our love God must retain
And help us bare our pain.
(C) Kathryn J. Fogleman

No comments:

Post a Comment