Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Letter that got Irrigated

It was a beautiful early March morning on the farm. The sky was clear and blue, the sun was shining, there was no wind, and the air was warm. While I ate breakfast, I wrote a letter to a dear friend of mine. I expected to see her father later, so when I finished writing the letter, I folded it and put it into my pocket. 5 minutes later, my grandfather walked in "We need to go clean the irrigation sprinklers out." he said. "Okay!" I bounced up, slipped on my moccasins, and hurried out to his truck. The sprinkler system was running, but very few of the sprinklers were spraying water onto the wheat because they were clogged. My grandfather gave me a piece of wire, and we both began to clean the sprinkler nasals out with the wire. I had so much fun, and I got sopping wet! When we finished, my grandfather took me back up to the house to change into dry clothes. "I am all wet!!" I told my Great- grandmother as I ran up to the house. I fetched a set of dry clothes, and hurried to the bathroom. It was then that i realized: the letter was STILL in my pocket! I carefully pulled it out of my pocket, and unfolded it. A little sad face that I drew on the letter was the only thing that I could see. "Oh! I am so sorry letter! I did not mean to drown you!" I laid it carefully on my dresser to dry out, not expecting a lot of good to come out of it. However, It dried out well, and all of my writing was visable on it, much to my relief. :D The End

No comments:

Post a Comment